Terms & Conditions
Here you can see our Terms & Conditions
(1) The following Terms & Conditions cover all activity, online or not, relating the participation, correspondence and application to AvciMUN. By using the website www.avcimun.org, applying and/or participating in the conference you are implicitly agreeing to the Terms & Conditions.
(1) These are the Terms and Conditions applicable to all services offered by AvciMUN conference, its Secretariat, and Staff jointly and severally in direct connection or association to AvciMUN.
(1) All individuals registered as delegates at AvciMUN, must be under 30 years of age and enrolled in a High School or University.
- The Board of AvciMUN reserves the right to investigate the eligibility of any delegate and exclude, without refund, any individual determined to be ineligible for participation as a delegate. Any individual who does not meet the above criteria, which registers in affiliation with a high school/university that s/he does not attend, or who is otherwise found to be in violation of the AvciMUN terms and conditions will be considered ineligible for participation and excluded from the conference.
- Delegations attempting to falsify the eligibility of delegates or otherwise found to be in violation of the AvciMUN terms and conditions will be excluded from participation in the conference, and may be considered ineligible for further participation in the year following the violation.
Registration and Payments
(1) Eligible participants may register fro AvciMUN during the specified registration period:
Registration period: 30 July 2019 – 02 November 2019
(2) Persons can register either as individuals or as delegations of multiple participants.
- The eligibility for the conference or financial aid will be assessed individually.
(3) Registration via the website is automated and delegations should receive acknowledgement of their application within 3 business days of their application. Admittance status will be communicated within 7 business days after their payment. Upon application, the applicant will pay the full fee of the conference via a secure payment portal.
(4) Individuals are responsible for their payment; this also applies to Delegations of multiple participants. Applications will be confirmed after the complete amount has been received.
(5) The conference fee is 190 Turkish Lira (TRY), 30 Euro (EUR) or 35 US Dollars (USD) per delegate. No other currency is accepted. The fee includes the registration fee, lunch, refreshments and coffee every day. This fee also includes an excursion, welcome drinks and a welcome goodie bag. Additional activities tickets are not included in the conference fee and will instead be available for sale through the website. The fee does not include costs for hotels, visas, dinner or any other cost you might have. For further information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
(6) The board of the AvciMUN foundation reserves the right to charge participants with any incurred transaction costs that proved to be not included in the amount paid by the participant.
(7) All registrations are done on a first come, first served basis. Due to limited availability at our conference venue, we cannot guarantee that applications will be accepted throughout the advertised registration process.
(1) Aside from refunds based on the rejection of an application, it is not possible to have your fee refunded.
(1) Participants are expected and obliged to obey the laws of the Turkish Republic and Marmara University Faculity of Theology while participating in AvciMUN. Participants are personally responsible for all charges and damages to facilities of the conference and social events venues. Participants found to be in violation of these laws can be excluded from the conference at the digression of the AvciMUN Terms.
(2) AvciMUN does not provide liability insurance for the protection of individuals or groups who participate in the conference. However will have security personne in the area.
(3) Each individual and group agreeing to these Terms and Conditions releases and discharges AvciMUN, its secretariat, and staff jointly and severally from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, liabilities, costs, obligations and demands, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and expenses for, upon or by reason of loss, damage, injury, or death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in any activities connected with AvciMUN. This involves especially compensation, in part or in whole, for losses, damages, injuries or death incurred at or in connection with AvciMUN.
(4) AvciMUN reserves the right to exclude specific individuals or groups of individuals from its offered services. AvciMUN excludes any legal actions on the side of the individual or group of individuals related to a possible exclusion. No exclusions shall be made on grounds including but not limited to gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
(1) Delegates attending AvciMUN are required to wear Smart Formal suits.
- The dress code requires gents to wear a tuxedo, which can also be called a dinner suit.
- The idea behind this dress code is to wear something that is essentially a dressed-up version of your best office wear. For women, this can mean anything from a tailored dress to a pantsuit worn with high heels. Keep the colour palette mostly neutral to maintain an air of seriousness.
(1) AvciMUN reserves the right to use all data submitted by individuals via the website www.avcimun.org, sent to AvciMUN by other ways, and collected during the conference and social events including video footage and photographs without limitations. AvciMUN reserves the right to collect data during the conference and social events including but not limited to personal data, video footage, and photographs without further notice.
(2) Personal data obtained during the registration and application process, the conference or any activity relating to AvciMUN may be used in a variety of ways:
- AvciMUN reserves the right to save, store and use the data of applicants and participants collected in connection with any activity relating to the attendance, registration or application to AvciMUN.
- Unless explicitly stated we will retain personal information and other data, in order to inform our participants and applicants of future developments of AvciMUN. One has the right to ask for the deletion of your data at any time.
- We reserve the right transfer your data, in anonymous form (without name and contact information), to sponsors and affiliates, for accounting and review purposes.
- Without explicit consent we will never transfer any identifiable data including contact information to any other entity except the successors of the AvciMUN foundation, the AvciMUN secretariat and/or possible sub-associations of the AvciMUN foundation.
(1) All information is provided by AvciMUN. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
(2) In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
(3) Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of AvciMUN. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
(4) Every effort is made to keep the website functioning properly and running smoothly. However, AvciMUN takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues.
(5) Background Papers and other informational resources provided through the website pertaining to the nature of Model United Nation conferences or information regarding any nation provided for by the chairs of the councils and third party individuals is placed on the website with the assumption that approval has been granted for the use of any possible copyrights material included. The views expressed are those of the author(s) and are not intended to be those of AvciMUN and should not be taken as such
(1) Country assignment will take place during the application period, depending on the amount of accepted delegates. Priority in assignments will be given on the basis of past performance and early registrations. Submitting a country preference is not a guarantee of receiving this country assignment, and all decisions of the AvciMUN and/or Secretariat with regard to country assignments are final. The registration fee may not be refunded even if a delegation does not accept its country assignment.
(2) The AvciMUN reserves the right to remove spots from an already assigned country in the event that the delegation fails to fill all the assigned spots by the advertised deadline.
(3) Individual delegates are expected to be in their respective committee rooms during committee sessions. In order for delegates to leave their committee rooms for an extended period of time their Chair must be informed ahead of time.
(4) All delegates are expected to abide by the committee dress code (business attire).
Expulsion From the Conference
(1) AvciMUN and/or the AvciMUN Secretariat reserves the right to immediately expel participants from both the conference and the conference venues due to unacceptable behavior or violation of these Terms and Conditions. AvciMUN and/or the Secretariat reserves the right to define appropriate conference behavior and is particularly sensitive to issues involving displays of disrespect to or harassment of other delegates, or the conference staff.
Exceptions to the Terms and Conditions
(1) The Board of Directors of AvciMUN and/or the Secretary General of the conference is the only actors empowered to grant exceptions to these policies or other general AvciMUN practices.
(2) AvciMUN is not liable for any erroneous statements made by other staff members regarding exceptions to fees or policies.
AvciMUN claims copyright on all of the data available on the website www.avcimun.org, including but not limited to the AvciMUN logo, format and screen design of the website, on all other data related to and released by AvciMUN, and on all contents created during or for AvciMUN, or those that are submitted to AvciMUN. AvciMUN claims copyright on all of its printed material. Some images on the website and printed material are used under license and may not be stored or reproduced without the consent of the copyright holder. All rights are reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without the permission in writing of AvciMUN.
Court of Jurisdiction and Validity of Terms
(1) The jurisdiction for all legal issues resulting from or related to this agreement and contractual relationships with the Stichting AvciMUN is, Istanbul, Turkey, the place where the AvciMUN is registered.
(2) Even if any of the above terms should become ineffective, all remaining terms of this agreement remain legally binding.